Speaking from experience, the best time to get value for your money when it comes to smashbox is at Christmas.
Their gift sets are FAR better value and they don’t typically do that many sets throughout the year.
Last years masterclass palette sold out before I got my hands on it so this is the first masterclass palette I have tried. Unfortunately this is a classic case of quantity OVER quality.
Altogether In the palette you have:
– 6 Blushers: (Posey Pink, Sunset, Persimmon,Bitten, Prism & Plum)
– 2 Highlighters (Glow & Shimmer)
– 32 Photo Op Eyeshadows
– Get the Look Cards.
Retail price: €67.00
The packaging is lovely but if you are a working artist it is not practical.
This is definitely a palette you could gift someone who likes makeup or is starting out with makeup and wants a nice selection.
The shadows do have good pigmentation to them but some shadows really just seem like they shouldn’t be there and are filling up space!
The palette is also very reminiscent of the EM – Michelle Phan Life palettes.
Strangely, the ART.LOVE.COLOR collection is not up on Boots.ie (surprised?) BUT you can pick them up in store at participating boots stores or on Arnotts.ie
I would honestly say you are better off picking up the Shape Matters Palette and give this masterclass palette a miss.
Also Part of the Christmas Collection is:
– Travel Primer Gift Set (€19) I would recommend picking this up!
– Bestseller Giftset €27 (Used to be €22) I would give this one a miss!
– Mascara gift set (€23) I would recommend picking this up as a stocking filler!
– Brush Gift Set (€56) I DO feel like instead of a fan brush, they could have put in a powder face brush and then retail it at €65 then It would definitely be a great gift set. THAT SAID, This is a great set for a beginner in makeup! So I would recommend!
– Be Legendary Lipgloss Set (€25) This is a DEFINITE MUST HAVE PIECE. Great Value for someone who likes glosses.
– Always sharp Eyeliner Set (€44) This is also good value for money. There really isn’t a great amount of product in these eyeliners but I would recommend them as a stocking filler.
One thing I noticed was that America got WAY better gift sets for this collection! Check out their exclusives: